We’re kicking off a multi-blog giveaway on Flag Day, June 14. If you’d like to participate as a host, here are our guidelines and FAQs. (And here’s the link to the sign up form, if you’re ready to sign on.)
- Choose you item(s) to give away. Your giveaway item(s) must be either handmade (for example, a stationery set, an embellished mini album, a fabric flower pin, etc.), or something that can be used for making handmade gifts (for example, stamp sets, ribbon, designer papers, tools, fabric etc.).
- Write a post about the item, asking visitors to comment on that post. Be sure to include:
- how you will choose the winner (random, best answer to a question, etc.).
- whether you’ll ship the item internationally.
- The Flag Day Giveaway badge (we’ll send you the code on June 13)
- A link back to the master list.
- Keep your giveaway open until June 17, so everyone has plenty of time to visit you.
- Ship your item by June 21, one week from Flag Day.
- Spread the word! Grab our button and link back to our June 7 announcement to let your readers know you’ll be participating. Feel free to tweet about the Flag Day Giveaway, spread the news on Facebook, write on your blog…
- Your post should be published no later than 9 a.m. ET (Eastern time) on June 14. We check links at 9 a.m. ET; if there isn’t a giveaway post, we’ll deactivate your link. (You can post the night before if you want to be sure to remember!)
- We reserve the right to decline any sign-up application deemed not appropriate.
Code for Button & Badge
Once we receive your sign up in good order, we will e-mail you the code for our Flag Day Giveaway button, which you can use on your blog before the event. Here’s what the button will look like (this links to our June 7 general announcement and call for hosts):
On June 13, we’ll e-mail you the Flag Day Giveaway badge, to use in your giveaway post. That badge looks like the one at the top of this page but will link to the official list of participating blogs.
(more to come as questions come in)
- You’ll be introduced to new visitors who otherwise might not have ever found your site.
- Impressed visitors make potential readers/shoppers.
- You’ll get the satisfaction of giving to a virtual friend–and who know what inspiration your generosity will spark in them.
- You’ll get exposed to a variety of blogs with great ideas and inspiration.
- You’ll find new shops with lovely items, perhaps even the perfect thing for you or someone on your gift list.
- You have the opportunity to win a cool handmade prize—or supplies you can use in your own creative endeavors.
- You’ll know exactly when and where to find the fun!
Why Flag Day?
Flag Day is a day for Americans to reflect on our blessings as a people.
For me, that includes the freedom to choose your own dream. . . the opportunity to pursue it as you see fit. . . and a spirit of generosity that, day in day out, leads individual Americans to share their time, talents and treasure with a neighbor, a friend and even (or perhaps rather, especially) someone they’ll never meet.
Looking around my craft room, I have goodies to share. . . and I thought you might, too. My hope is that this Flag Day Giveaway will spread blessings to hosts and visitors alike.