One of my favorite recent creations is this two-way open card, starring Animal Stories’ own Miss Ellie.
Balanced precisely atop her beautiful polished-stone ball, don’t let the pretty pink posy behind her ear fool you: Ellie is more than mere eye candy. She’s a true athlete.
Good thing, too. As part of her grand finale, the gray layer swings left (first open), and the underlying pink layer swings up (second open)–Ellie must summon her full physical prowess to maintain her stylish stance!
If your stamps must try this at home (and Ellie heartily recommends they do), start by cutting two square mini cards, one smaller than the other.
For your ‘first open’ to swing left, put the large square’s fold on the left side. Cut the top flap on the diagonal, from the fold on the NW corner (upper left) to the SE corner (lower right).
Layer the smaller square inside the larger square, and voila! A two-way open element. Layer it on the card base of your choice and complete your card as desired.
Ellie performs here on a 3.5″ x 3.5″ square, with a 3″ x 3″ square nestled inside. (Created for Barbara’s Fun Folds swap at the Stampin’ Addicts 2009 Convention Meet & Greet.)
RECIPE – ‘Miss Ellie Strikes a Pose’ two-way open card
- Ink: Pixie Pink; Pink Passion; Encore Silver; Basic Grey; Black Stazon
- Paper: Pixie Pink; Pink Passion; Basic Grey; Whisper White; GLossy White
- Stamps: Animal Stories; Circle Circus
- Etc.: silver brad; punches (1” Circle; Trio Flower); paper piercer; mat pack; Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Techniques: Polished Stone, random stamping, two-way open card